What to Watch
In this week’s Netflix selections, a doctor works to determine whether a woman, convicted of murder, should be freed on the grounds of insanity. In a new reality series, a set of 16 families compete to be crowned as Britain’s best home chefs. Finally, a documentary tells the story of Sir Frank Williams and the origins of the Williams Formula 1 racing team.
- Alias Grace – Set in 19th-century Canada, an alienist is brought in in determine whether a woman, convicted of murders that she claims not to remember, should be set free on grounds of insanity.
- The Big Family Cooking Showdown – Season 1 – In this new reality series, 16 families compete to be named as Britain’s best home cooks, serving up the food that they’re most passionate about to a panel of judges. The show is hosted by Zoë Ball and Great British Back Off winner Nadiya Hussain.
- Williams – This documentary focuses on the life and career of Sir Frank Williams, the founder of the legendary Williams Formula 1 racing team and goes in depth about the crash that could have ended everything.
This week on Netflix sees the arrival of new titles, beginning with the second season of Lady Dynamite, in which Maria Bamford acts out funny and weird incidents based on her own life. The Killer is a film about a man who wanders the desert, working as a feared assassin as he searches for the truth about his own family. Finally, stand-up special Mea Culpa comedian Alexis de Anda talks sex, drugs, and weddings.
- Lady Dynamite – Season 2 – In a series inspired by her own life, comedian Maria Bamford offers up the often surreal stories about someone who oscillates between losing and finding their grip. Arrives November 10.
- The Killer – In this original Spanish-language film, a man named Cabeleira hopes to discover what became of his father, a hired gun, while becoming a deadly assassin in his own right. Along the way, his journey takes a startling turn when he learns that he has a son of his own. Arrives November 10.
- Mea Culpa – Alexis de Anda tackles topics like sex, weddings, drugs, and more in her latest stand-up special. Arrives November 10.
Bookmark this page and check back next week for more from Netflix!