Apple has updated its roster of Apple Pay card issuers with dozens of new entries, mostly in the U.S., but also some in Canada, Russia, and Japan.
Most of the new U.S. entries are regional banks and credit unions, reflecting the fact that most national firms were onboard within a year of Apple Pay’s Oct. 2014 launch. The one exception in this instance is a carrier service, T-Mobile Money.
Japanese shoppers can now use UCS cards, and added Canadian institutions include Affinity Credit Union, Collabria Financial Services, Conexus Credit Union, and Envision Financial, the last a part of First West Credit Union.
In Russia, new options include Home Credit Bank, National Standard Bank, both Visa and Mastercard at Chelyabinvestbank, and Visa cards at the Ural Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
The full list of U.S. additions is below:
- Century Bank of Georgia
- Fairfield Federal Savings and Loan
- Farmers & Merchants Bank of Ashland
- Farmers State Bank of Alto Pass
- First State Bank of the Southeast
- HNB Bank
- Interaudi Bank
- Kohler Credit Union
- New Horizons Credit Union
- Optum Bank
- Pantex Federal Credit Union
- Peoples Bank & Trust Company
- Pioneer Trust Bank, N.A.
- Professional Bank
- Security Credit Union
- South Story Bank & Trust
- T-Mobile Money
- Texoma Community Credit Union
- Time Federal Savings Bank
- TVA Community Credit Union
- Washington Federal